5.16.2007

Should a blind guy get a gun permit?



Blind man finds bias in denial of gun permit

Should a blind guy get a gun permit? My view is straightforward: NO!

Excerpt:

In neighboring Moorhead, Minn., Clay County Sheriff Bill Bergquist said he didn't feel he had a choice but to deny the permit application.

"I had to sign something saying he could 'safely' whatever, and I felt I couldn't say that of someone who's legally blind," Bergquist said. "The shooting he's done in the past was with the help of someone. When confronted, he won't have that help.

"... The application states that a person should be able to show proficiency on the firing range and a proficiency of the weapons," he said. "That's the issue.

I agree with Sheriff Bergquist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic