Disney Deal to Spur Sibling Rivalries
Walt Disney Co.'s proposed $4.05 billion acquisition of Lucasfilm Ltd. expands its portfolio to "Star Wars" series, but risks diluting the 89-year-old entertainment empire's Disney-branded film franchise.
...Disney Chief Executive Robert Iger indicated this week that the coming "Star Wars" films will supplant Disney movies on the release schedule. Disney doesn't plan to spend more than it already does on film production, Mr. Iger said, meaning each new "Star Wars" film will lead to one less Disney film.Comments:
- I have not and do not intend to invest in Disney. Why:
- Low dividend of 1.2%
- I don't trust the movie business with the funky movie accounting.
- I'm not that impressed with the product that Disney produces
- I've seen all of the Star Wars films. The first three were ground-breaking and entertaining.
- The 2nd set of 3 were terrible.
- The Star Wars francise has jumped the shark