5.16.2007

Selling a car


I'm selling my Saturn to my daughter in July and I'm trying to figure out the necessary steps.

I think (but don't know) that I should have a "Bill of Sale" or some kind of purchase agreement. Has anyone been through this process before that could provide advice?

I've been looking at these websites that provide legal agreements:


  1. www.carcontracts.net
  2. www.uslegalforms.com


The first looks a little simpler, you complete the form on line and print it out; the second is a Word document that you download.

Questions: Is it this easy?

  1. Bill of Sale or Purchase Agreement
  2. Payment
  3. I sign title and provide it to my daughter


Do I need a notary? Answer="no".

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.



New information:

Transfer of Ownership - Minnesota Titled Vehicles

Car Registration & Titling

1 comment:

  1. You will need a bill of sale that will specify the exact sale price. Is the vehicle paid for? That will make a difference. If so, then the bill of sale and title transfer are what is needed to process the sale. You also have to consider that she will have to pay sales tax on the purchase possibly...

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic