5.30.2007

Contactify.com

www.contactify.com

Here's a cool little tool for a website or a blog!

If you put a real email address on a website or blog, spiders will harvest it and spammers will exploit it. You can, with javascript, mask it (see jrpeet.com for an example ... right click on the page ... view page source .. and you cannot see my email address). Thus that email address is hidden from automated systems!

{Comment: For a javascript implementation see Email Riddler)

If you click on Contact Jim Peet on my website, my real address is populated into your email client as "to: ..."

Suppose you want to provide a way for site visitors to contact you but you wish to completely mask your email address! You can easily code this in ColdFusion, but for the non programmer there hitherto has not been and easy way!

Here's where Contactify.com is a helpful widget. To illustrate click this link:

Contact me.

Notice that a form is presented. Complete the form and select send .. and message is sent to me!

So here's a neat little tool that is free, and easy to use. And it thwarts spiders and spammers and other stalkers!



Happenings:

  1. Received 3 "Faith Pulpits" that I am reading tonight. One by my friend Myron Houghton.
  2. Kathee and I read 1 Samuel 9 & 10 tonight - "Saul Chosen to be King". Made me think about God's choosing of our next Pastor and how it is in His hand of providence.
  3. Rachel emailed us this morning from Rome. We think she goes onto Venice tomorrow. She arrives home one week from tonight.
  4. My new company cell phone arrived. I'm reading about it tonight. It has a camera built in (that I want to try out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic