5 Giant Myths Of Retirement Planning
- Don’t touch the principal — live off the interest.
- The more a financial plan weighs, the more valuable it is
- My life is simple and I have a will — that’s all I need.
- A surviving spouse will honor the way the deceased spouse managed money.
- When I retire, I need to dramatically shift my investment portfolio away from stocks and into bonds
- We actually plan to live off the dividend income only + social security. If all goes well, our heirs will have a nice inheritance and/or Christian organizations will benefit
- Financial planning? I'm the guy ... seat of the pants financial planning but so far it's been going fine for us
- We need some buttressing here. Today I contacted an attorney to have our wills revisited and to have power of attorney and life directives drafted. Goal is to have done by Christmas
- Not sure who will go first (or maybe we will go together) but surviving spouse can make whatever adjustments are needed
- Income securities to me are the key.