12.15.2012

Global IT Support called me

'Microsoft support centre' scam continues, and takes turn for worse

 Comment: I strung them along as long as I could. I acted like a completely befuddled retiree from MINNESOTA. Woman said she was with "Global IT Support". And that my computer was having problems. I asked "which one?" ... "the Dell? the Lenovo? the IBM?" She said "all of them". I said "all seven of them?" "Yes" ... (well that's more than we have!). I was transferred onto her manager - "Kevin Foster". I said "you sound like you are from India ... is that your real name?" ... Then I said "do you have an office in MINN-E-SOTA?" I asked for the website of the company ... he said "WindowsServicingCenter". He said that I have a Windows computer with Internet Explorer. (not one in the house!). I asked if he could fix it ... answer "yes". How much? Answer "$ 199". I asked again about the website and said that I couldn't get it to pull up. He hung up.

3 comments:

  1. 2/7/2013: They called again today between 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.

    Problem with the Windows computers.

    I asked which one? The Dell? The Lenovo? The HPs?

    I'm ready to blow a gasket at these Indian idiots! (Comes through with a Seattle 206 area code). He called 4 times. I called him an Indian Twit and a Dolt. He called me a pompous ass.

    I did the whistle trick. He still called me back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joke: (relevant because the jerks at "IT support" at from an Indian call center):

    Mujibar was trying to get a job in India. The Personnel Manager said,
    "Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except one on your grasp of the English language. Unless you pass it, you cannot qualify for this job."

    Mujibar said, "I am ready."

    The manager said, "In one sentence use the words 'yellow', 'pink' and 'green'."

    Mujibar said, "The telephone goes green, green, and I pink it up, and say, 'Yellow, this is Mujibar'."

    Mujibar now works at a call center.

    No doubt you have spoken to him. I know I have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a call from them: 206-397-1127. I strung several of them along for ages. Fortunately I was having a slow day. In the end when I started explaining what the various errors or warnings meant, and told him I developed operating systems, he called me a liar and then hung up. I'm looking forward to round two.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic