2.07.2007

Christ Divine in Galatians


  1. Paul says that he was an Apostle not by the will of man, but by Jesus Christ. (i. 1.)
  2. The conversion of the soul is effected by the knowledge of Christ as the Son of God. (ii. 16.)
  3. Spiritual life is maintained by faith of which Christ is the object. (ii. 20, 21.)
  4. Christ lives in us, as God is said to dwell in his people. (ii. 20.)
  5. He was the object of Abraham's faith. (iii. 6-9.)
  6. He was Abraham's seed in whom all nations are blessed. (iii. 16.)
  7. By faith in Him we become the sons of God. (iii. 26.)
  8. The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of Christ. (iv. 6.)
  9. His will is our law. (vi. 2.)
  10. His grace or favour the source of all good. (vi. 18.)

(Hodge v 1 p. 513)


Work

  1. Acrobat Reader 8 is out of UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
  2. WIFI Utility 2 is also out of UAT
  3. I am still working on the 3600 workstations that need upgrade. Wow will this ever end. I called on business group today that has 1100 workstations. Just 38 remain for this group. I could not persuade them to use my remote upgrade process. My process is free to the business. They decided to have engineers (their cost) go out to each workstation. I sent them a reminder email and cc: my manager (so it is clear that this is no longer my issue)
  4. I have a block of time open tomorrow and I hope to complete my database project.


Life

  1. I ordered valentine gifts for my Mother and for my wife.
  2. I ordered new heavier gloves for snow plowing. Hope to have in by Friday
  3. I called Don P. from our church who is home from the hospital
  4. Kathee and I read Leviticus 19 & 20 tonight




Leviticus 19:1-3, "And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy. ‘Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father, and keep My Sabbaths: I am the LORD your God. ‘Do not turn to idols, nor make for yourselves molded gods: I am the LORD your God."


Cf 1 Peter 1:13-16, "Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy.""

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic