2.23.2007

How much snow?


How much snow?


Excerpt:


Paul Douglas’ forecast said, “This could be the Big One, the first 12"+ snowfall since March 8-9, 1999, when 16" fell on the metro…”


Comment: I remember the March 1999 snowfall. I was scheduled to take a "Facilitation Skills" class and my boss canceled my attendance at the last minute (the day before). I was so irritated at him. Then we had the snowfall - the class was postponed and I was able to take it the following week. We parked on the street in downtown Minneapolis then, and getting my Impala out of the parking space (parallel parking) was quite a chore! We did not miss work!


(Seems so long ago! My Dad was still alive ... and it was pre-9/11).


I hope for an easy drive home from work tonight. I hope that I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow (I know we need to go grocery shopping. We are invited to a church member's home tomorrow night for dinner and I pray that this gets postponed!). I'm sure getting to church shouldn't be an issue. I can get plowed out Sunday morning and church is just a couple of miles from the house.


I do hope for a heavy snowfall! My John Deere has done very little to earn its keep this winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic