2.15.2007

Burnt dinner



Kathee was late at work (came home on the 7:10 bus). I arrived home at about 5:15 and fed the cats and then started dinner.

Dinner was a mix that you boil water, stir in the mix, put on simmer, and wait 25 min.

After I turned the burner to simmer, I changed into sweat pants, and then worked in the den (I fired up the Linux desktop and worked on personal finances.) Along the way I turned towards the kitchen and saw smoke.

Turns out that the pot (a 1 1/2 quart sauce pan) was on the left front burner, but I had put the right front burner on simmer (leaving the left front burner on high)

I opened wide two kitchen windows (it's 4 degrees out) and aired out the house the best I could. I picked up Kathee at the bus stop at 7:35 and told her the whole story. I had put the burnt pan in the sink soaking in water.

While I was getting Kathee at the bus stop, Roger cleaned up the kitchen. The Calphalon 1 1/2 quart saucepan is ruined. I just ordered a replacement for $ 81.00. A costly evening.

I demo'd my database system to Chad H. and that went well. He did have two suggestions but they are minor. Next Monday I demo to Chad's boss Chuck M. We need his buy-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic