- I left the office today with ZERO emails in my inbox!
- My technical writing class (6 weeks on Tuesday nights at North Hennepin Community College) was canceled for lack of participation. My company had already paid for this. I've been rescheduled for a class that commences in May. Its in my development plan for this year so I need to take it (or something like it)
- We had our upgrade job push to 800 laptops begin at noon, but turns out the software distribution team also sent to a call center location in Wisconsin (that was not to be a part of this). I was called - they were irritated - we were able to stop the job, remove that group, and pick up again. A minor snafu. We also inadvertently sent to 77 laptops in Des Moines. This group was ok with it but I had to stop it anyways because we did not have management signoff for activity at this location. Emotions are wearing thin with this activity. The software distribution folk are getting irritated at me although I am pushing these upgrades as fast as I can. I am between change management, my management, the business, software distribution, and infrastructure (limited network bandwidth) that does not all work well together.
- I demo'd my contacts database (written in Cold Fusion and SQL Server) to one of the planners and received positive feedback. I need to incorporate some additional functionality (like enabling a view only feature for the planners' manager) but this is moving along well.
- We are awaiting Rachel's arrival home from Mankato. She and I will work on her taxes tomorrow then she will go back
- Very cold ... bitterly nasty really. But the house is comfortable!
- I compared utility bills with my Sister in Dallas. I was surprised how much more energy (electricity) is for them. Thought: if electricity comes from electrons does morality come from morons!? I heard that yesterday. Stupid in a funny way.
- Tomorrow's plans: shopping, taxes for Rachel, Metro Womens' Center business. Relax. I may drive out on Medicine Lake in my pickup truck (but that garage door is stuck closed so maybe not)
Kathee and I read Leviticus 13 tonight - The Law Concerning Leprosy. Key verse is 13:45-46
“Now the leper on whom the sore is, his clothes shall be torn and his head bare; and he shall cover his mustache, and cry, ‘Unclean! Unclean!’ He shall be unclean. All the days he has the sore he shall be unclean. He is unclean, and he shall dwell alone; his dwelling shall be outside the camp.