1.25.2013

Financial Accounts one should regularly check



5 Financial Accounts You Should Check Every Week
The five most important accounts to examine every week are:


  1. credit card
  2. cell phone bill
  3. online checking account
  4. retirement account
  5. budget account software (such as Mint.com)
Comments: My recommendation:

  1. Credit cards(s) - Check daily. See Fraud: Nip it in the bud.
  2. Cell phone bill - I don't have a personal cell phone but checking frequently seems like a good idea
  3. Online checking account(s) - I check daily
  4. Retirement account - I check on the Saturday after our bi-weekly paycheck (sometimes less often but probably at least once a month)
  5. Budget account software - we use Yodlee (which having used Mint, I recommend over it!). I check this weekly to validate categorizations
  6. Credit score: I check quarterly using MyFico. There are other free services ... check right hand column of this blog for one source.
  7. HSA(s): I check monthly to validate



1 comment:

  1. the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) issued two. Exposure Drafts (EDs) on proposed changes to pension bookkeeper accounting.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic