12.04.2007

More snow & Tuesday happenings

Afternoon rush hour anything but speedy as snow slows commutes

Because Kathee is in class all week, we are not commuting together this week. Kathee's class is near Hwy 100 and I-394.

I'm driving the Impala and K. is taking the S-10. We hardly ever drive the S-10 in the snow and today Kathee got caught up in a snowy drive home.

I left work at 1:30 and had an easy drive home. I plowed the driveway and the connected to work with my laptop and continued work until the the end of the work day. Kathee's class was let out early at 3:30 and it took her an hour to get home (I estimate perhaps only 8 miles).

Roger's drive home was worse (Bloomington to Plymouth) - an hour and a half!

My dear Brother-in-Law's condition continues to worsen and he is apparently just days from death. Our hearts are very sorrowful but we continue to pray for Tom, my Sister, Nancy, and their children. We are anticipating travel to Dallas soon and dreading the news.

Kathee and I read Nehemiah 8 & 9 tonight.

Now watching the movie The Elephant Man which is very good.

I am expecting to work from home tomorrow so Kathee can take the Impala.

Nehemiah 9

6 You alone are the LORD;
You have made heaven,
The heaven of heavens, with all their host,
The earth and everything on it,
The seas and all that is in them,
And You preserve them all.
The host of heaven worships You.

7 “You are the LORD God,
Who chose Abram,
And brought him out of Ur of the Chaldeans,
And gave him the name Abraham;

8 You found his heart faithful before You,
And made a covenant with him
To give the land of the Canaanites,
The Hittites, the Amorites,
The Perizzites, the Jebusites,
And the Girgashites—
To give it to his descendants.
You have performed Your words,
For You are righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic