12.27.2007

Thursday happenings

Kathee and I had today off and we had a productive but relaxing day:


  1. Kathee made a great breakfast of eggs, toast and oatmeal.
  2. We ran errands: Petsmart, Walgreens, Home Depot, Lunds
  3. We had the Impala serviced: oil change and transmission fluid changed
  4. Kathee put new light bulbs in the front garage door carriage lights. (Thankfully the weather was mild today so this was not a difficult job
  5. I plowed snow away from the mailbox. The snow plow had piled quite a ridge of packed snow against the mailboxes and we could not maneuver the car close enough to access the mail
  6. Kathee made Reuben sandwiches for dinner (one of her specialties!)
  7. Roger and Kathy (brother and sister-in-law) came by and we exchanged gifts.
  8. Kathee served apple pie with cinnamon ice cream.
  9. Roger got me Banking in the Great Northern Territory: An Illustrated History (signed by the author!)
  10. Kathee and I read Christmas cards and letters and I corresponded with an old friend from New Jersey


Kathee and I finished reading Esther. This is one of my favorite books of the Bible. Onto Job (one of my least favorites).

We are enjoying these days that we have off from work.

Tomorrow is our 33rd anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic