Spontaneous Human Combustion - Another Thing to Worry About

Sheriff: Man Who Died In Fire May Have Spontaneously Combusted


Sequoyah County authorities say a man who died in a fire at his home may have spontaneously combusted. Danny Vanzandt, 66, died in the blaze on Monday. Sequoyah County Sheriff Ron Lockhart says several neighbors entered the home when they saw smoke and assumed trash had caught fire. Then they realized a person was burning. Lockhart said the remains were in the kitchen and there was no other damage in the home. The sheriff says there was no apparent source of the fire.
Comment: Wiki article .

In the 1984 mockumentary This Is Spinal Tap, Spontaneous Human Combustion is included as the cause of death of one of the band’s numerous former drummers, leaving only “a little green globule on his drum seat”. The band’s current drummer later dies in the same way, in an on-stage explosion that leaves no remains. By way of explanation, lead singer David St. Hubbins claims that “dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it’s just not really widely reported.”
Comment: I can always get a laugh out of my brother by telling him "by the way [your former very fat boss] died suddenly ... she spontaneously combusted."


  1. Can only "guess" to much of 'dat KFC will get stuck in your blood
    "work" and through the living with modern chemistry / the catalyst
    is "struck" and > PFFFffttt! / You morphed into a blob of stinking
    "green stuff" on the floor? How do you buy a casket for that?
    Does the funeral home give a "half-baked" discount ?
    Some go like a "M-80" .. others like a inch and a half-er? BAM! ?

  2. The coroner can just sweep one into an urn!


Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic