2.27.2013

Frugal Habits of the Rich



Take Note of These 5 Frugal Habits of the Rich

The List:

  1. Drive a modest car.
  2. Buy a modest house.
  3. Don't carry wads of cash
  4. Don't pay full price
  5. Have an action mentality
Comments: The persons in the image above are all mentioned in the article. My "score" from the list:


  • Drive a modest car. I'm not sure if a 2007 Buick Lucerne would be considered modest. To me it is a luxury car. I did get a super deal on it and it is no longer a late model car. And it is not likely to be replaced anytime soon.
  • Buy a modest house. I don't think our home would be considered a modest home. It is paid for and is well-enough insulated that the utility bills are reasonable. Our next home will likely be a condo that is no more than 60% of the size of our current home.
  • Don't carry wads of cash. Check. I went to Florida with $ 5 in my wallet. (and I returned with $ 2.)
  • Don't pay full price. Check
  • Have an action mentality. Check

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm in the biggest house I've ever owned now, but with six kids, I'm thinking I might be OK here. Does a 1997 GMC Sierra with 145k on the odometer count as a modest vehicle? Or a 2000 Venture with 248,000 miles?

    OK, maybe I'll have to upgrade to get a modest vehicle. :^)

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic