9.13.2007

Vacation

We are packing up and leaving tomorrow for Branson, Missouri.

We've never been there and so we don't know what to expect. We have a condo rented for the entire week commencing on Saturday.

What I hope to do:


  1. Read. I am taking 3 Mac OS X books, the DBTS journal, The Truth War: Fighting for Certainty in an Age of Deception, Holy Habits: A Womans Guide to Intentional Living (Kathee's book), World War IV: The Long Struggle Against Islamofascism, Reclaiming The Center: Confronting Evangelical Accommodation In Postmodern Times, and Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church: Understanding a Movement and Its Implications (which I've half read).
  2. Not work or think about work!
  3. Not use the Internet
  4. Take some photos
  5. Worship somewhere I've never been on Sunday (to be determined)
  6. Eat BBQ in Independence MO (tomorrow night I hope!)
  7. Take in 2-3 shows at Branson (to be determined)
  8. Visit Titanic exhibit in Branson
  9. Visit Eureka Springs, MO


Work:

  1. Another stressful week at work but I am going to close my eyes in sleep tonight and not think about it
  2. I left with ZERO emails in my inbox


Other:

  1. I got the MAC ICAL application to subscribe to 4 Google calendars that I maintain. I was having a hard time figuring it out and was on the phone with Apple for 2 hours. They couldn't figure it out either
  2. After taking an hour break, I subscribed the New York Yankees calendar ... saw how that worked and then followed that path with my Google calendars. EZ. Sadly I wasted 2 hours of my time and an Apple technicians time when it was (as we call it in the business) "probable user error"


Roger is watching the house, mowing, feeding the cats, changing cat litter, watering plants, picking up the newspapers and the mail.

Praise: Last October when we left on vacation my back was bothering me. I've had back pain for most of the last 11 months (including pain stepping with left foot, and weakness in my left leg). About August the 15th it stopped. My left leg is stronger. I'm not sure why the change, but I give God the glory and the praise for it.

So blog readers ... I'm signing off ... and won't be back until Sunday 9/23!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic