10.19.2011

Note to Rick Perry

Las Vegas GOP debate: Rick Perry says Mitt Romney hired 'illegals' for his home

Excerpt:


Rick Perry just turned to Mitt Romney and accused him of being a fraud on immigration issues, saying, "“Mitt, you lose all of your standing, in my perspective, because you hired illegals in your home … The idea that you stand here before us … is on its face, the height of hypocrisy.”

This is a reference to a Boston Globe story from 2007 that a company that Romney used for years for land-scaping had used illegal immigrants.

Romney has clearly gotten testy and close to angry, asking for time intervention from moderator Anderson Cooper, and saying he's never "hired an illegal in my life...It's been a tough couple of debates for Rick, and I understand that, and he's gonna get testy."

Comment: Rick, you're losing your credibility here. I'm just a small guy but by your calculation I've probably hired illegals myself. I've had my house re-roofed twice. I don't think one of the roofers spoke English. I tried to offer them a cold Coke and it did not translate. I have yard workers in my yard about 5 times a year. The major time is when they do the Spring cleanup. A crew of workers arrive and work in my yard for several hours. They don't speak English. How do I know if they are legals or illegals. I go to the car wash (won't name it) and all the workers appear to be Mexicans. So make your points but don't twist the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic