Day 6: Copper Harbor MI to Ashland WI - the uber-scenic route.
- We had a nice breakfast at "The Pines" in Copper Harbor. The restaurant was full but a retired couple from Ann Arbor invited us to sit with them.
- We gassed up ($ 40 worth) at the only gas station in town.
- Copper Harbor is of interest to me because my Grandfather used to hunt here
- We drove back into the Estivant Pines
- We followed Michigan 26 along the Lake Superior coast
- The town of Eagle Harbor is beautiful.
- We bought two jars of jam at the Jam Pot(image below)
- We followed the Keweenaw Waterway into Houghton
- Staying as close as we could to the coast we next stopped at Ontonagon, Michigan and had lunch at Lynn's diner. I had home made chicken-ala-king on biscuits
- Then onto Ashland, WI
- We had a very nice Lake Superior facing room at the Americinn
- We shared a pizza at Hugo's and then retired for the night