Circle Tour: Ashfield, Bayfield, Cornucopia, Superior, and return to Ashfield (170 miles
- The highlight was the Apostle Islands boat tour out of Bayfield. This takes about 3 hours. We left at 10:00 a.m. and returned at 1:00 p.m. Our original plan was to stay 2 nights in Bayfield but the rates were very high. Ashfield has excellent accomodations and was reasonable.
- The scenic cruise was really worth the money. I think it was $ 90 for the two of us. The boat wends its way through the islands out to Devil's Island and then back
- Next stop was Cornucopia, Wisconsin. We ate at the Fish Lipps restaurant / bar.
- Wanting to hug the coast as much as we could, we continued along the N shore of the Bayfield Peninsula (see map above)
- We only went to Superior so that we could say we did the complete circumnavigation of Lake Superior. I might have been tired but I found Superior to be a depressing town.
- Then back to Ashland. Kathee was driving. We came across an auto accident in the clean up phase along Hwy 2. Again thankful for God's protection of us!
- We had dinner again at Hugo's and then retired for the night