11.02.2006

Thursday - MWC

I was asked to serve on the board of Metro Women's Center and tonight was the first night. I've known Colleen T (director) for 4 1/2 years. She is doing a super job. I know about half the board members: Laura M from Parker's Lake, Diane E from Emmaus Baptist, and Bill and Virginia E from 4th Baptist.

Today's news:


  1. Work: Boss's boss sent me an email of encouragement. I've had a very busy week and I am ready for Friday
  2. Work: Next week the distribution team is targeting 16,000 workstations with the upgrade. I am skeptical of success because we cannot do any distributions during the day and we cannot do any distributions on Monday or Tuesday. Any workstation turned off at night is not going to get the upgrade. I have daily tracking meetings to review status and strategize the next days targets. I've quit worrying about this.
  3. Short turnaound from work to board meeting. We got home at 6, Kathee quickly made pancakes, I took my shoes off and petted the cat and almost fell alseep. I left at 6:30 and drove past MWC in the dark by 3 miles. Then had to quickly do a U-turn and speed to make it on time
  4. Roger's friend Shubeck is spending the night with us tonight. John Shubeck is an USMC officer. I am looking forward to meeting him at about 11 tonight.
  5. Kathee and I read James 1 & 2 tonight


James 1:18, "Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures"

James 1:21-24, "Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic