11.14.2006

My salvation: 3 Documents - Part 2



Here I Stand by Roland H. Bainton is a book I would have never picked and read for myself. Once again I read this as an assignment at the University of Cincinnati (A European History class).

How this book influenced my life:


  1. Through the life of Luther, I understood what it meant to be a Protestant.
  2. I understood (but at the time of reading did not accept (or appropriate) it for myself) the doctrine of justificaton by faith.
  3. I understood the tremendous courage of Luther (and he has been my hero ever since


Be sure to read Five Solas

Martin Luther

The just shall live by faith <-------- The verse that transformed Martin Luther

Was there an immediate impact of this book in my life? Sadly no. God's Holy Spirit used the seed of this biography in my life as well as the seed of "Sinners in a hand of an angry God". For me, my Freshman and Sophomore years of college were about partying, drinking, etc. Neverthess, God did use these documents in my life. In my Junior year of college, I was converted. More on that later!

If you have not read this book, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic