11.06.2006

Last thoughts on Ted Haggard

http://fundyreformed.wordpress.com/2006/11/06/a-rugged-cross-a-glorious-gospel-and-the-ted-haggard-scandal/

http://theworldfrommywindow.blogspot.com/2006/11/whats-in-it-for-us-when-christian.html

Someone at work today said something about "evangelicals being hypocrites". I don't even consider myself part of the Ted Haggard "camp" ... I am not a pentacostal, and I am not a part of the National Association of Evangelicals. But from the perspective of an "outsider" ... evangelicals are hypocrites!

That comment hurts! But the reality is that each of us are fallen human beings. By the grace of God, I have been faithful to my spouse of 32 years. That does not mean I have not been tempted or that I will not be temped again. As soon I as say "it could never happen to me" ... it could! I must walk circumspectly and carefully in this world!

Our sinless Savior: 1 John 3:4,5, "Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness, And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin"

Three brief points:


  1. All men are sinners: "Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness"
  2. Our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, is sinless: "in Him there is no sin"
  3. His ministry is to save men from our sins: "He was manifested to take away our sins"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic