11.04.2006

Saturday chill

Today's plans (or lack thereof): (I'm chilling ... and it is chilly outside!)


  1. Decommission Dell desktop (really just unplug and remove KVM (keyboard - video - mouse switch). To go to Tom H. at church tomorrow. Has Suse Linux 10.
  2. Have Roger program my new garage door remotes (on for my tractor, one for my truck)
  3. Brother coming by at 11:00. We are going to hang out and I'm going to buy his lunch at Jimmy Johns
  4. Kathee grocery shopping (now) and later to a women's fellowship at 4th.
  5. Play pool? Watch football?
  6. Kathee planning her famous "Ma's chili" for dinner (one of her half a dozen chili receipes)


Random thoughts for my readers (which as far as I know may be 2!)

  1. I was perhaps a little harsh about Minneapolis yesterday. But I was not harsh about that police precinct (as the crime map illustrates!)
  2. Minneapolis has some beautiful neighborhoods and a beautiful downtown. Minneapolis
  3. Also Minneapolis has in the last 5 years developed the warehouse district into a neighborhood of upscale condos and lofts.
  4. Without Minneapolis (a great place to work!), Plymouth would not exist
  5. But I am glad to come home to Plymouth every night
  6. I was not harsh about Ted Haggard! I think he is lying and I think he is a pitiful excuse for a so-called man of God! I pray for his congregation




Scripture Reading: I Peter 1 & 2:

Key verses on Godly living:

1:13-16, "Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”" Lesson: Called to Holy living!

2:1-2, "Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby" Lesson: Yearn for and receive the Word of God!

2:11-12, "Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles" Lesson: Flee Lustful Living!


2:13-15, "Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake, whether to the king as supreme, or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good. For this is the will of God" Lesson: Obey the Law!

Our Savior: (2:24) "who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed."



End of Day

  1. Great time with my Brother. His trip to Iowa: Visited the John Deere Museum (Moline IL?), Rock Island Armory (IL), and the Herbert Hoover home and museum
  2. Roger a big help: salt in water softener, programmed new garage door remotes, trimmed bushes
  3. Brother brought me a USGS brass property marker. Very cool. On the mantel.
  4. Kathee cooking for tomorrow. Entertaining Mark Stamper from the church after the AM service and another couple after the PM service. Kathee has the gift of hospitality (as did her Mother)

1 comment:

  1. So it appears that you have become a Jimmy John's fan? We have one here in Golden Valley and we enjoy it from time to time..

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic