My Mother is flying up to the Twin Cities to visit my Brother and me for Thanksgiving.
- Mom arrives next Monday. Brother is picking her up at the airport.
- I have to work next Monday and Tuesday but have the rest of the week off.
- Rachel drives up from Mankato on Wednesday for her meetings at 3M, then will be home until Friday or Saturday.
- Kathee is hosting Thanksgiving dinner and she always does a super job
TV: I watched a cool one hour program on PBS tonight on the Dambusters and Sir Barnes Wallace. These links are worth a look!
- I had a little communications snafu today. My release communications (widely published in our organization) stated that the new workstation image was on the "distribution" servers, when if fact the image was on the "regional" servers.
- This resulted in a lot of emails and calls.
- I wrote a corrected communications and our communications organization sent it out with 2 significant typos (their fault not mine). This resulted in another rash of calls and emails
- We had another hasty communications to correct. Thus I had 3 communications instead of one
- This tends to make one look foolish!
- Kathee and I commenced reading the book of Revelation tonight (chapters 1 & 2)
- Roger and I read Proverbs 7 tonight.
Here is a simple (and Scriptural) outline of Revelation:
Revelation 1:19, "Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this."
- The things you have seen (chapter 1)
- The things which are (chapters 2 & 3)
- The things which shall take place (chapters 4 - 22)
A vision of our Savior
Rev 1:12-18, "Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death."
Warnings about adultery (Proverbs 7:1,5)
"My son, keep my words, And treasure my commands within you ... That they may keep you from the immoral woman, From the seductress who flatters with her words"