6.04.2009

Fairfax Street - Littleton CO





In February 1987 I was called to South Holly Baptist Church in Littleton, CO. Before our move in April, I flew back to Denver on a house hunting trip. I bought this house at 7017 Fairfax Street. As I recollect we paid $ 112,000 for this. I took out a $ 97,000 mortgage. 9 years later we sold it for $ 187,000.

There formerly was a maple tree to the left of the driveway and a large Colorado blue spruce near the mailbox.

While we lived there we: redid the siding, experienced a severe hail storm that destroyed that siding on 2 sides, had the siding and roof replaced, replaced the windows, built a sun-room, finished the basement, put in hardwood floors in the kitchen, LR, dining room, and entry way / hallway, and had the kitchen cabinets replaced. We also had a 12' x 8' shed built in back yard. A friend of mine put power (lights and outlets) in the shed. It was a nice house.

We sold it in June 1996 and moved to Plymouth MN.

The weekend that I broke my neck (Labor Day 1987) I had replaced the shutters and repaired the fence gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic