6.10.2009

"I don't know anything about cars"

New GM Chairman Whitacre admits: "I don't know anything about cars."

Excerpt:

Newly tapped General Motors Chairman Edward E. Whitacre, Jr. may have built AT&T into a telecommunications powerhouse, but it's fair to question whether he can help do the same for GM. You see, he isn't particularly savvy on the whole auto business thing. In his own words: "I don't know anything about cars." While he admits that cars are a new consideration for him, Whitacre doesn't see it as a much of a problem: "A business is a business, and I think I can learn about cars. I'm not that old, and I think the business principles are the same."


Comment: With apologies to my daughter, this - "I don't know anything about cars" - sounds like a direct quote. Like a response to my question, "When did you last have your oil changed?". Mr Whitacre, we all understand because neither does President Obama (your de facto boss ("Car Maker in Chief"!). Neither does he know much about Economics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic