Dave Shumate's message this morning was from Romans 1:16-17, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”"
I'm not sure if I have all his points but I think they are these:
- The Gospel is infinity powerful - "power of God"
- The Gospel is the ultimate change factor - "to salvation"
- The Gospel is available - "for everyone ... for the Jew first and also for the Greek"
I know he had a fourth point but ...
The relation of the Spirit to the other persons of the Trinity has been stated before:
- He is the same in substance and equal in power and glory.
- He is subordinate to the Father and Son, as to his mode of subsistence and operation, as He is said to be of the Father and of the Son; He is sent by them, and they operate through Him.
- He bears the same relation to the Father as to the Son; as He is said to be of the one as well as of the other, and He is given by the Son as well as by the Father.
- His eternal relation to the other persons of the Trinity is indicated by the word Spirit, and by its being said that he is ek toi theou, out of God, i.e., God is the source whence the Spirit is said to proceed.
Hodge v 1 p 528
- Roger safely back from Lieutenant Shuebeck's wedding in South Dakota
- Rachel safely back to Mankato
- We were at 4th tonight
- Back to work tomorrow