3.14.2007

Life and Work

Work:

  1. I had a three day week this week and now have 4 days off
  2. We basically completed our remote software upgrade distributions. We have 1,500 that will have to be touched by support personnel.
  3. Our next release upgrade job is still not complete. This will have, Acrobat Reader 8, WIFI2, and Office 2007 file compatibility for Office 2003. Last I heard we have a hang up with the Office 2003 upgrade. I expect that we will commence upgrade activity in April
  4. I added some functions to my database project (requested by the business): ability for the planners to create a sub-OU. I formerly had to do this manually. The new function has some cool validation (prohibits duplicate su-OU's, and validates correct OU length). I also added an administrative function (for me) to toggle the active flag on the OU records. I have more admin functions to add but can do this at my own schedule.
  5. The real hurdle will be getting the planners to use this system. While we have management "buy-in", we still need to push the planners to do their job on this! Frankly if they don't follow through, I would be greatly concerned about my future in this job. We are asking the planners to do their first quarterly certification by April 30th (1 month later than we had planned).

Life:

  1. My new tires arrived today (shipped directly to the installer). I will have a separate blog entry on the entire experience after installation (Friday).
  2. Our home phone service is out (Comcast). A service guy is to come tomorrow at 5:00 p.m.
  3. Kathee is working tomorrow but I have off. Friday we both have off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic