3.22.2007

Plutonic Warming


Fred Thompson on Global Warming

Excerpt:

NASA says the Martian South Pole’s “ice cap” has been shrinking for three summers in a row. Maybe Mars got its fever from earth. If so, I guess Jupiter’s caught the same cold, because it’s warming up too, like Pluto.


This has led some people, not necessarily scientists, to wonder if Mars and Jupiter, non signatories to the Kyoto Treaty, are actually inhabited by alien SUV-driving industrialists who run their air-conditioning at 60 degrees and refuse to recycle.



For the record:

  1. I don't drive an SUV and I think they are wasteful! But I support the right of Americans to buy them.
  2. We recycle
  3. We drive less (frankly to save money not the planet!)
  4. I think the planet is warming
  5. I don't think raising taxes or any supra-national (United Nations or Kyoto Treaty) action will help

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic