3.28.2007

Britain Steps Up Pressure




Iran to Release Female Sailor; Britain Steps Up Pressure

International / Europe
Iran to Release Female Sailor; Britain Steps Up Pressure
By ALAN COWELL
Published: March 28, 2007
Britain today froze all “bilateral business” with Tehran to retaliate for the seizure of 15 British naval personnel six days ago in what the Royal Navy insists were Iraqi waters.


British Ministry of Defence briefing







Faye Turney was shown on Iranian TV today,
hours after Tehran said she would be released before Friday






Dear Mum & Dad,

I am writing to you from Iran where I am being held. I will try to explain to you the best what has happened.

We were out in the boats when we were arrested by Iranian forces as we had apparently gone into Iranian waters.

I wish we hadn't because then I'd be home with you all right now. I am so sorry we did because I know we wouldn't be here now if we hadn't.

I want you all to know that I am well and safe. I am being well looked after. I am fed three meals a day and have a constant supply of fluids. The people are friendly and hospitable, very compassionate and warm.

I have written a letter to the Iranian people to apologize for us entering into their waters.

Please don't worry about me, I am staying strong. Hopefully it won't be long until I am home to get ready for Molly's birthday party with a present from the Iranian people.

Look after everyone for me, especially Adam and Molly. I love you all more than you will ever know.

All my love, Faye








A forced "confession"?




Sailor to parents: Sorry for entering Iranian waters




Iranians parade captured navy woman in a hijab

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic