3.02.2007

I'm done plowing ...





Blowing snow at Guthrie Theater



Schools, businesses, roads closed today

Excerpt:


The forecast calls for 2 to 3 more inches of snow in the metro area during the day.


The storm Thursday dumped about 11.3 inches of snow in Minneapolis as of 6 a.m., but Plymouth got 17 inches.




Plymouth received 17-18" of snow yesterday. I plowed three times: after Kathee left for work, just before she arrived home from work, and last night before bedtime. I also did Paul's (out of town) and Mrs. Finke's.

This morning we were out shoveling / plowing at 6 a.m. I finished my driveway and headed up the street to Mrs. Finke's when the John Deere threw off the chain on the right rear. Without the chain, that wheel just spins. I did get three diagonal swaths into Mrs Finke's driveway before I gave up. I was able to get the tractor back into the garage. The right rear chain is tangled up around the rear axle. Thus I am done plowing for the season.

Before we left for work, the City of Plymouth plowed Cottonwood and we were able to get out and onto work without difficulty.

Everyone is weary of Winter and ready for Spring. I called my Brother (Maple Grove) to check up on him. He was out shoveling and snowblowing his driveway but his wife said all was well up there. Rachel canceled her trip to 3M. Sounds like they have had almost 2' of snow (Mankato). Work was canceled yesterday (Caribou) and she does not have classes today. Roger is at reserves and we have not heard from him. We may see him tonight.





Wind-blow snow keeps I-90 closed

Excerpt:


The Minnesota Department of Transportation wasn't able to completely open Interstate Hwy. 90 from Albert Lea west to the South Dakota border at noon today after all.


A news release from the department says crews are experiencing difficult driving conditions with near zero visibility cause by winds whipping up all the new snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic