3.04.2013

March snow



Snow coming in stages; 12” possible for metro
Excerpt:
Snowfall accumulation in the Twin Cities is forecast to be 2 to 4 inches by sunset, according to the National Weather Service (NWS). ... During the night, the NWS said the metro area could get another 3 to 7 inches of snow. On Tuesday morning, another 1 to 2 is possible. Add it up, and the top end of the range could mean a foot of snow as temperatures stay below freezing
Comment: Both K and I are working from home today.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's one of the things I miss most now that I live just a bit south of the Twin Cities, in the Chicago area. I'm still a kid and love getting snow, but temperatures here are just a little bit warmer so that we often either get rain or very wet snow, which means not as much accumulation.

    I'll probably appreciate it more as I get older... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 5:30 p.m. .... Kathee thinks less than 2" so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got up at plowed / shoveled snow from 6 to 6:30.

    My guess is that it is 6-7". Kathee leaving from work in a couple of minutes ... I am working from home.

    Will plow before she arrives back.

    7" of snow already in parts of the metro; 10-12" possible

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathee left at 7 a.m. .... arrived at garage downtown at 7:45 a.m.

    Her report: Plymouth has plowed (not our street but main ones). Golden Valley had not plowed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just back in from plowing ... perhaps 2-3" since this morning. Giant snow plow ridge at the end of the driveway. John Deere cuts though easily.

    And it is not cold ... just below freezing ... after plowing driveway is wet

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic