4.01.2007

Fourth Baptist - April 1, 2007

Pastor McLachlan's message this morning was from I Timothy 1:12-17

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen

The Super-Abundance of God's Grace


  1. What Paul had become (vs 12: "He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry")
  2. What Paul had been (vs 13: "I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man")
  3. What Paul experienced (vv 14-16: "the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant")
  4. What Paul expressed (vs 17: "be honor and glory forever")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic