4.09.2007

The Elizabeth - Monty feud!


Elizabeth Edwards afraid of neighbor - She has never met `rabid Republican,' but wouldn't be nice

I file this under the hope that we could all just love each other and get along! Here where I live we have 4 homes per acre. Down in the Edwards' neighborhood you have only two homes in 140 acres. This feud is (tongue in cheek!) reminiscent of the Hatfield-McCoy feud a century ago!

I have these questions for Elizabeth Edwards. Do you not like Monty because ...


  1. He is a Republican?
  2. He has a gun?
  3. He is "rabid" (something)?
  4. He posted a "Go Rudy Giuliani 2008" sign 100' from your driveway?
  5. His property is "slummy"? Followup question: "How do you feel about others whose properties are slummy? I ask because some of those folk might just be democrats!"
  6. He was there first?


Suggestion to Elizabeth. Bake a pie, call your neighbor up and make up, and deliver the pie as a gesture of friendship!




Excerpt:

Elizabeth Edwards says she is scared of the "rabid, rabid Republican" who owns property across the street from her Orange County home -- and she doesn't want her kids going near the gun-toting neighbor.


Edwards, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, particularly recalls the time neighbor Monty Johnson brought out a gun while chasing workers investigating a right of way near his property. The Edwards family has yet to meet Johnson in person.


"I wouldn't be nice to him, anyway," Edwards said in an interview. "I don't want my kids anywhere near some guy who, when he doesn't like somebody, the first thing he does is pull a gun out. It scares the business out of me."


But Johnson defended the occasion he brandished a gun, saying those on his land didn't have the proper approval.


"I use the gun for protection, and I considered that an appropriate time," Johnson said. "Sometimes you have to take drastic measures."


Edwards views Johnson as a "rabid, rabid Republican" who refuses to clean up his "slummy" property just to spite her family, whose lavish 28,000-square-foot estate is nearby on 102 wooded acres.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but this is just one of the best bolgs out there....why so few other comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. bolg....blog.....you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic