4.07.2007

Am I a threat to society?



"Neo" is seemingly the new (pun intended) prefix and appellation. I've heard of neocons (new conservatives), neo-fundamentalists, and neo-orthodoxy.

To some "neo" is freshing change ... to others "neo" is dangerous thought. Neo was the protagonist-hero in "The Matrix". I'm pretty sure that I don't want to be called "neo-anything" (although I'm a Tom Pryde fan (the neofundy))!

Until today, I had never heard of a "neo-atheist". Here's the editorial defending me (a believer in the resurrected Savior) against neo-atheists who consider me a threat to society.

E. J. Dionne Jr.: Answers To the Atheists

According to Mr Dionne, neo-atheist Sam Harris states that "certainty about the next life is simply incompatible with tolerance in this one" and "We have been slow to recognize the degree to which religious faith perpetuates man's inhumanity to man." Dionne, in his defense of me, says the neo-atheists "think a belief in salvation through faith in God, no matter the religious tradition, is dangerous to an open society."

I'm shocked! Am I a danger to an open society? Intolerant?

At the age of almost 58, I wish someone would call me a neo-something. (better than being called an paleo-anything!). If you see me on the street, watch out, I might just trip you with my crutch and tell you about Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic