3.16.2010

TurboTax: Help with Direct Debit

Direct Debit When E-filing

Unfortunately I'm one of the filers who owes money! To both the State and Federal governments.

I had scheduled the direct debits to occur yesterday but nothing happened.

I contacted Turbo Tax and they directed me to the above resource!

How do I check the status of my direct debit transaction?

To verify the date that funds will be withdrawn from your account, or to confirm that funds have been transferred, call one of the following numbers:

  • (888) 353-4537
  • (800) 829-1040



I called the IRS (the first number) and they were very helpful. Thank you Carolyn (IRS agent). Direct debit to happen tonight.

More

When will my account be debited?

The IRS debits your account on the day your e-filed return is accepted. However, it can take the bank up to five days to complete the transaction and update your account information.

Please check with your bank or financial institution for the date of debit. We recommend that you wait five days after the e-file return is accepted before inquiring as to when the debit occurred.

1 comment:

  1. The direct debit occurred overnight. Today we adjusted our W-4's. Hopefully next year will be balanced out

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic