8.04.2008

Move day at work

Places I've worked since we've been in Minnesota (12 years)


  1. NOC (Norwest Operations Center). Lower Level 3. June '96 until approx. October
  2. NOC, moved to 1st floor. (Trust programmer)
  3. 100 Washington (forgot the floor but I think 15 or 16). Trust department moved
  4. NOC, LL3. Changed jobs
  5. NOC, LL3 .. moved location
  6. 111 Washington (forgot the floor, but I think it was 11th. I had a window!
  7. 111 Washington (2nd floor). Our company quit leasing my previous floor. This was a great location as it was on the skyway and just a short walk to coffee, haircut, etc
  8. Reorg: New boss. He wanted me to move but my back was bothering me and I was able to stay.
  9. New job: I moved to the NOC floor 1. (2 years)
  10. New job (2 years ago): I moved to 100 Washington again - 14th floor (this is where i am now)
  11. Tomorrow is my last day at 100 Washington. I need to do final pack out
  12. Wednesday, back to the NOC (now called the Northern Operations Center). Floor 1 again


That's (if I have this right) 12 different places in 12 years!

How many different computers have I had? Basically I get a new PC every 2 years. My first PC at work was a Windows 3.1.1 ... later Windows 95 (daily reboot!). The first decent Windows workstation was Windows NT (back in '99). I had Windows NT for many years until Windows XP 4 years ago.

My best location: 111 Washington on (I think) the 11th floor. I was there on 9/11 when the entire floor evacuated at noon. I stayed there alone until 2 because I could not get an earlier bus. It was weird. My worst locations: 1.) Several times in high traffic areas that were noisy. Once by a guy who cussed up a storm; 2.) 111 Washington 2nd floor: We had mice.

Tomorrow will not be a productive day as I will be packing. After hours tomorrow they will move me (should be about 8 boxes, 2 desktop PC's, 1 laptop, 1 printer). Wednesday I will be in my new location - the 3rd time on the 1st floor of the NOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic