8.02.2008

Close call with lost wallet


We had a close one last night. We met acquaintances at the Big Bowl (Ridgedale Mall). We had never met them face to face so they were really "looking for me" (how many people walk with titanium crutches?!). We were to meet at 6:00 p.m. at the Big Bowl (by the way, an excellent place to eat!).

K and I arrived 35 minutes early. I plopped down on this little low ledge outside of the restaurant. Unbeknownst to me, my wallet slipped out of my back pocket.

I called our guests to advise them that we were early and to ask if the could connect at an earlier time. As things would be, they arrived 5 minutes later and we were seated in the restaurant.

My wallet was right out there in the open either on the ledge or on the floor right inside the main entrance of the mall.

With the wallet, for me, it is not the $$ (there is rarely much in it) - it is the cards, D/L, etc.

Wow, it would have been a major inconvenience.

Someone - BLESS THEIR HEART - found my wallet and gave it to Big Bowl's hostess. 5 minutes are we were seated, my wallet and I were reunited. The store manager came to our table and said, "Mr Peet, this must be your wallet".

I am grateful for the honesty of the finder of my wallet!

1 comment:

  1. That's a big mess diverted!.......By the way, this is an excellent reminder for everyone to do something to help in these kinds of cases. Take everything in your wallet and make a copy of it front AND back. This means license, credit card, debit cards, passport, library card, etc. Basically everything. This way if your wallet is lost or stolen you'll know exactly what you lost, and more importantly you'll know all the account numbers. Usually on the card (which is why it's important to also copy the back), is an 800 number to call in case of any problems.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic