8.29.2008

If it's Sarah Palin ...

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Is McCain's VP Pick: Source

Excerpts:

According to a Republican strategist, Palin is the nominee, though McCain's campaign has not comfirmed this.

With an announcement scheduled in Dayton, Ohio, an associate of Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said the governor had been informed he is not McCain's pick.

....

At 44, Palin is younger than Obama and, like McCain, she calls herself a maverick.

A Gulfstream IV from Anchorage, Alaska, flew into Middletown Regional Airport in Butler County near Cincinnati about 10:15 p.m. Thursday, said Rich Bevis, airport manager.

He said several people came off the plane, including a woman and two teens, but there was no confirmation of who was aboard.

"They were pretty much hustled off. They came right down the ramp, jumped in some vans here and off they went," Bevis said. "It was all hush, hush."


Comment: My prediction early this year was a McCain / Pawlenty ticket. If it's Sarah Palin, and in just about an hour we will know one way or another, I am somewhat disappointed. Would McCain be picking her just because she is a woman? To try to peel off some of the Hillary supporters? I didn't think Geraldine Ferraro really had the depth of qualification to be the Vice President (1984). Mondale picked her to energize the electorate. Oh well ... those are my thoughts.

Update: Source: Sarah Palin is John McCain's pick for vice president

3 comments:

  1. Sarah is strong, principled, moral, unafraid, an excellent speaker, feminine, passionate, pro-life, pro-guns, pro-marriage, patriotic! She will get crucified but I'm glad she's on the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To jangreggo.

    Well I was hoping for Pawlenty but ..

    After my post, I read more about her. I guess it would excite me! But I would have voted for McCain anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Palin is pro-life and very principled. She will be an excellent VP...

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic