9.14.2006

Thursday - Dinner with Pastor

Kathee and I met Pastor and Marie at the Macaroni Grill for dinner. Very nice. They came by the house for coffee and just left.

Work status: I have to get the current image upgrade out to 57,000 desktops by the end of October. This week I am at 19,000 or a little more than 30%.

Today I set up another 1500 to migrate to the new release. I used Cold Fusion and CFMAIL to send emails out to each. I added more personalization to the emails this time (in response to my mailing to weeks ago where people weren't sure if they should have received the email)


  1. I added a box with the person's user name
  2. with their system name (takes the form of DTCnnnxxxxnnn)
  3. with their version (eg. 2.20, 2.21, etc). I am upgrading folk to 2.23
  4. Also I upgraded my email message with additional content and a link to a 5 page PPT slide show. Also to my WFDC website with FAQs, tip of the day, and feedback forms.


I have an new email address just for this purpose. So I use this email for the sending (and that way my own email does not fill up)

The big push is on to get final groups on board. I have about 7-10 groups with large numbers of workstations that I have had little contact with. I'm guessing (will need to look tomorrow) that this represents 10,000 desktops.

Quiet at the house. Kathee reading the paper. Almost time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic