3.23.2011

Lenovo ThinkPad T410 wireless

Lenovo ThinkPad T410

Comment: Working from home today. Will be working from home for a number of weeks probably. I snaked our 100' Ethernet cable from our router (in the Den) to my recliner in the LR. Thought ... well this is stupid ... let's get the wireless going. My ThinkPad T410 is new (November) and I had not used it at home until the sickness began. I could not figure out why the wireless would not fire up. I called Wells Tech Support (thinking of my friend Dan with desktop support at General Mills). Turns out there is a little switch on the right side that has to be slid on. Black off ... green on.

6 comments:

  1. haha, thanks. I am actually using a t410 as well, running w7 for work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was offered opportunity to have
    Windows 7 in our pilot group but I declined.

    I used to have 3 PCs at work (laptop and 2 desktops) but new policy only permits one per employee. So I turned down being in the pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny, Jim, I can't remember how many times I have checked everything on my network only to discover that the switch 'slid off' in my laptop bag!!

    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Jer 33.3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this tip! I searched everywhere for a solution but could not find one until I came across this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my life saver! I spent 4 or 5 hours on these and all sorts of drives and it turns what you mentioned is causing the problem. Man, Lenovo really should not make traps like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Ubuntu and Windows said turn on hardware key I thought it was just the fn+F5. Wasted 6 hours on this

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic