10.02.2006

Adventures at work


  1. Used Cold Fusion server to send customized emails to 688 users. Last week I blue screened when doing this. I had a hypothesis is that it was an outlook issue so today I closed outlook when I did this function. I did a batch of 100 ... then a batch of 588. No issues. Again used my own Lenovo Thinkpad running my test Cold Fusion (with data from Microsoft SQL Server interim in data center).
  2. We finished engineering on release 2.24. UAT was to begin today but we are delayed a day and will commence tomorrow. Engineers will need to pull *.iso's off a regional server and burn CD's to image a workstation. This is not how it works in production but for UAT this is the way it operates.
  3. My biggest line of business has 17,000 desktops (70%) at release 2.23.
  4. October is my big push month ... hope to have 50,000 desktops at 2.23 by the end of the month. Below are today's statistics



ReleaseCount%
Pre 2.201020.2%
2.2012,40321.8%
2.218,22914.5%
2.228,80915.5%
2.2327,57648.3%




I met a man as I left my building who walks worse than me - much worse. I walk with two forearm crutches. This guy had both legs braced up and had two underarm crutches (the most uncomfortable kind in my opinion). With his shoulders and upper body he dragged his crippled legs along. I think that all handicapped people feel a special kindship to other handicapped. I know that I do.


Tonight's reading: Ephesians 3 & 4

Ephesians 4:1-3, "I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."


Roger home sick with a bad cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic