11.04.2006

Mac OS X verses Vista

Brother came by today singing the praises of his new Macbook Pro with Mac OS X. His report after two weeks:


  1. It worked right out of the box ... EZ setup ... so simple just a small book explains
  2. He bought a new HP printer that connects wirelessly to his home network.
  3. While he does not feel that he has mastered it, he is very pleased.

My experience with Windows Vista (after 4 days at work):

  1. I am under-whelmed: What does it offer above Windows XP? Nothing that interests me!
  2. Yes it has Internet Explorer 7. But if you have Firefox, I.E. 7 is nothing special!
  3. I have not fully explored Office 2007, but this is not a killer application for me!


Roger loves the easy integration of digital photography with his Mac! This would interest me!

I've got to wait another 11 months (as my wife reminded me tonight). But my next laptop will be a Mac!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic