11.29.2006

Genesis 6:2

Here's a difficult verse: Genesis 6:2 "that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose"

The question is - who are "the sons of god"?

I have flip flopped in my view of this several times and today I just am not sure.

I thought it was settled (for me) that the "sons of god" were the godly line of Seth.

Tonight reading this section (Genesis 5 & 6) and then reading John MacArthur's commentary on this I am back to ground zero. MacArthur's view is that "the sons of god" are fallen angels who left their own domain (Jude 1:6, "And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day" & 2 Peter 2:4 "For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;")




  1. I left work early (at 4:10). Kathee had a late business meeting so we had separate vehicles.
  2. Kathee came home at 9. She had a long day.
  3. Nathan came by at 7 and we ordered pizza in from Papa Johns. This was the first time I have ordered pizza over the Internet. We ordered pizza at 7:33 and it was delivered at 8:00 p.m.). Roger arrived home from work late and had pizza with us.
  4. Rachel accepted the job offer from 3M as an auditor. She will start after graduation from Mankato in May 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic