2.04.2011

Me and my thorns (clostridium difficile)

a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me

Sadly it''s back. I thought I was doing so well but I had a relapse on Tuesday at work. Came home ... didn't eat ... slept from 6:30 pm until 10 when K woke me up. Fever. Slept fitfully. Diarrhea back with a vengeance (TMI (too much information). Back to the Dr on Wednesday. Back on Metronidazole (increased dosage ... longer duration (10 days). I am not working. Not eating (well I just started)

Night time: last two nights camped out by the hall bath. Kathee moved my recliner right by the bathroom door. Bundled me up. Slept by the throne!

Two days of just Gatorade. Last night had a meal of Campbell's Chicken and Rice soup. This morning Chicken and Noodles.

I applied for short term medical leave which I believe will be approved. Probably 10 days off work (until the antibiotic regimen completes, my innards are normal again and the Dr signs off)

So please be praying for me!

Thanks

To think that a month ago I had never even heard of  clostridium difficile!

3 comments:

  1. Should have said this:

    Ad is from www.vintageadbrowser.com

    A very interesting site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, and watch out for gifts from your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathee and I have taken this verse for our encouragement verse during this trial:

    "We love Him because He first loved us" (1 John 4:19)

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic