6.03.2008

1 year later: Prosper.com

Comment: more precisely 11 months later!

Earlier posts:

My first blog posting on Prosper.com

Prosper.com: first take

So far I've just broken even. I have one loan ($ 50) where the person made 2 payments and then filed for bankruptcy. While this loan is not technically "in default" I've mentally written off the $ 48.00 that she owes me. To date I've earned $ 51. I have beaten the S&P 500 over the last year (which is not saying much! It is down 9.29% in 1 year!). I'm also better than the Dow.

To date I've invested $ 1800 (my personal Prosper investment stats). My strategy going forward is to continue to invest $ 50 per month in Prosper. I am only loaning to AA and A rated borrowers (the one that will go into default is a C grade).

Here is the Prosper Marketplace Performance (Aggregate for all of Prosper!). Note that the default rate for AA's is .38%.

If any of my Christian friends are interested in forming a Prosper lending group, connect with me and we can discuss this.

2 comments:

  1. I just transfered some money. Have to wait for it to get to prosper though. Let me know how the group thing works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get out much. I've never heard of this thing. Apparently it's some type of bank-type organization? Are the terms legally binding? I would assume they are, or else why would anyone sign up for this?

    JP, I was hoping you'd give us some good stock tips. Or anyone else?

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic