1.08.2008

Bert Blyleven short on H.O.F. vote

Bert Blyleven short on H.O.F. vote

Excerpt:

In his 11th year of eligibility, Blyleven was picked on 61.9 percent of the ballots. His percentage had slipped from 53 percent to 47 percent in the previous two elections, and this time, he made a 15 percent jump.

Blyleven said his wife, Gayle, predicted he'd receive 62 percent of the vote, and she was right.

"I'm very happy for Goose Gossage," he said. "That's something that should have happened years ago. I know Goose vented last year, and Jim Rice will probably vent this year. You find yourself * when you get to close, and you know your numbers are there * you get upset. I was upset before, and now I just look at it and say it's out of my hands, what can I do?"

Comment: Burt Blyleven's career stats are Hall of Fame worthy! Burt Blyleven is the only 3000 K pitcher not in the hall of fame. See his stats compared with Sandy Kofax's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic