1.08.2008

McCain Wins New Hampshire

McCain Wins New Hampshire

Excerpt:

Arizona Sen. John McCain won the New Hampshire primary Tuesday night, completing a remarkable comeback and climbing back into contention for the Republican presidential nomination. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton moved out to a surprising lead over Sen. Barack Obama in the Democratic race.

"We showed the people of this country what a real comeback looks like," McCain told The Associated Press in an interview as he savored his triumph. "We're going to move on to Michigan and South Carolina and win the nomination."

The Arizona senator rode a wave of support from independent voters to defeat former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, a showing that reprised his victory in the traditional first-in-the-nation primary in 2000.

Comment: McCain's my man!

3 comments:

  1. How can you support McCain when he is soft on illegal immigration? He did not originally support the Bush tax cuts? And he holds an aberrant view on global warming...McCain/Feingold (campaign finance reform) is nothing more than an attack on First Amendment Freedom of Speech.

    Jason Lewis did an interesting comparison to McCain and Hillary Clinton. He proved by using quotes of their own, that they hold the same positions on key issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terry for your comments. I do appreciate them and I appreciate your views.

    Briefly:
    * I disagree with the McCain/Feingold and concur with you that it is against the 1st Amendment.
    *I'm probably pretty close to his view on immigration. I don't think "kick them all out" will work. It's a sticky issue.
    *Re the Bush tax cuts. He now embraces them.
    *I view McCain as a fiscal conservative and strong on defense. Two issues important to me.
    * I like that McCain is a straight shooter and is not afraid to take a difficult postition.
    * I'm not a Huckabee fan but cannot quite put my finger on the reasons.
    * I like Romney but he is not my first choice.
    * Re: Thompson. I don't think he has a chance.


    God bless and thank you for this interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding immigration, I do not believe in rewarding law-breaking or sanctuary cities or amnesty. I think that the laws of the nation need to be enforced better. Other countries are stricter than we are on immigration, but we never hear anyone bashing them for their strictness, but if we even hint at cracking down, the liberals and neo-cons come out of the woodwork accusing us of being unsympathetic and whatever else that they can think of....

    If Fred drops out, then I will probably support Romney... I cannot support McCain because he is almost like a liberal.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic