8.22.2007

Cracked my head

It occasionally happens: I trip and fall. My mind has a registry of these events: falling on the moving walkway at the Dallas Fort Worth airport, falling in downtown Denver, falling in the parking lot of my Dentist, falling at work, falling on the sidewalk walking to work, falling while out on church visitation, falling in the garage, falling in the street ... more times that I would like to remember.

The good news: I get banged up but nothing serious!

Last night wasn't serious either, but I did end up going to the emergency room.

On the way to bed (from my easy chair to the bedroom - a mere 20' or less!), I tripped in the hallway and fell on my face on the tile. Tile is a lot harder than carpet! The fall opened two cuts above my right eye. These seemingly small cuts (think of a boxer!) really bleed! Blood on the tile, blood on my face, on my hands, etc.

Nathan and Roger were there and they got me to my feet (my legs were really wobbly).

My "bell was rung" and I was dazed. We cleaned up and got dressed. Kathee drove me to Methodist hospital. My right elbow was x-rayed. It is not broken but very sore. Because my head was cracked and I was a little nauseous, I had a cat scan. The nurse said they "found nothing"! (a little ER humor!). Both cuts were stitched up. Nothing really but my modeling days are in jeopardy.

My glasses also took a hit. Frame bent. I've had this set for over three years so I am due to go back to the eye Dr again anyway.

Kathee and I were out until 2:30 in the morning. Interestingly there was another guy in the ER who fell and cracked his head. An old guy! (Which I am not!).

Today I am chilling at home. I needed a day off anyway! I am resting in my recliner with my bruised elbow (which really hurts) supported by a pillow. Ouch ... better stop blogging!

2 comments:

  1. Jim,

    Glad you did not get hurt more seriously.

    In Christ,

    Pastor Frank Sansone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pastor Sansone!

    I was back to work today.

    God bless you and your ministry!

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic