1.05.2007

Subway hero




This is an incredibly positive story and worth reading!

A Big Hero in the Big City


Excerpt: As a No. 1 train approached, Mr. Autrey jumped down onto the tracks and lay on top of Mr. Hollopeter, pushing into a space that was about a foot deep. Five cars traveled over the two men before the train screeched to a halt. It passed just inches above Mr. Autrey’s head, leaving grease on his knit cap. Mr. Autrey’s instinctive willingness to put his life on the line is not something most people would expect to encounter in New York City.

Man Is Rescued by Stranger on Subway Tracks

Excerpt: Mr. Autrey refused medical help, because, he said, nothing was wrong. He did visit Mr. Hollopeter in the hospital before heading to his night shift. “I don’t feel like I did something spectacular; I just saw someone who needed help,” Mr. Autrey said. “I did what I felt was right.”


I find this man's act as so courageous! I admire this man's heroism!

Update: NYC, Trump, Disney reward "Subway Superman"

1 comment:

  1. Jim,

    I happened to catch this story on CNN and was impressed as you are. I was telling Roger about it only today. From what I remember, he only had 5-7 seconds to decide and he did this without a second thought. Would that we all would so the same...

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic